Monday, July 21, 2014

This Old Man

Max... What is a parent to do when their 17 year old daughter comes home with a Golden Retriever puppy?  Well... I guess they keep him, and they love him unconditionally.  Even as she grows up, moves out, gets married, and has children of her own, they keep him.  He occasionally visits her and stays weekends and she watches him when her parents go out of town.  Max is my dog, but I have never taken complete responsibility for him... My parents have always taken care of him.

Max is now 12 years old.  He has a droopy face, white hair, missing teeth, and mostly just likes to lay around.  Not the crazy energetic pup that I can remember.  He could swim rivers and run up cliffs faster then I had ever imagined, now his hips bother him, and he is slow to get up.  He is amazing dog.  He has out lived two of my dogs, and now lets Kona jump all over him and bite his ears.

He has spent a lot of time at our house the past few weeks since my parents have been out of town.  I think Kona helps keep him young... but next to a young pup, he sure looks old... hes such a sweet old man :)

                           
                                                             Max at my wedding



My ABSOLUTE FAVORITE picture of us :)

Sweet old man...

Kona keeping Maxie young :)

No comments:

Post a Comment