Monday, September 22, 2014

Bunch-A-Firsts


Blake had his first day of Elementary school, and since his birthday is late September, he qualifies for the early kindergarten program.  I am really excited about this program... its 5 days a week 3 hours a day, and then next year, he will transition into full day kindergarten.  I think that its a great stepping stone for him, and he loves it!  His teacher says that he's an absolute delight to have in class, and that he's a great listener and helper... all good things that this mama likes to hear :)

Luke also had his first day of preschool.  Although Luke is only 2 1/2, I really felt like he was ready.  When it came time to drop him off, he was reluctant, but still went.  I guess he had a few episodes in the 3 hours that he was there where he got upset, but he was okay.  When he saw me, he ran and jumped into my arms and then started to cry... he kept saying that he missed me.  I reassured him that I will ALWAYS come back, and that its okay to miss people, but just know that mom is ALWAYS going to come back to get you.  He seemed better and said that he had fun and then showed me everything that he made that day.  He was really proud of his artwork and excited to show it all to me.  He said that he was excited to go back, but the times that I have taken him since have been HORRIBLE!  I feel so bad leaving him as his teacher has to rip him off me and he screams and grabs for me.  she says that he gets over it, usually quickly, but gosh its a big old production!  I know, as Darius Rucker says "It wont be like this for long" (hopefully)

I had my first couple hours of "kid-free time" and it was almost surreal.  I didn't have anything planned... just trying to get through the first day and the kids' schedules, but I came home, did some chores, cleaned the toilets and drank a cup of coffee...WHILE IT WAS HOT!!  Kinda nice, I almost feel guilty admitting!

First nastiness started the second week of school... Blake came home one day with a runny nose that turned into a cough, runny nose and sleepless nights... Kyle was home with the same thing, but add on the chills and fever, and then Luke has a runny nose, but no cough, and then there is me....I managed to escape the sickness!!!!!  Plenty of good fruits and veggies and plenty of hand washing must have kept me in the clear WOOHOO!!!! 

He was so excited!!




Refused to turn the sign the other way... stubborn boy!

Sweet Mama's boy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment