Wednesday, September 20, 2017

The Boy Can Ride

It was just a normal day last week, and by normal, I mean we were all running around outside getting chores done.  Josh and I were mowing the lawn (he rides on my lap while I drive, and I wouldn't do it if it wasn't safe)... but that's not what this story is about.

I'm mowing, and then all of a sudden, Luke comes riding past me on Blake's bike... the bike WITHOUT training wheels!!!!  It took me a second to realize what he was doing and then it clicked!  I looked back and Blake is running behind him and clapping, yelling, and jumping up and down.  Blake taught Luke how to ride without training wheels.  It was such a proud moment for both of them to share together and I couldn't help but smile.  They kept jumping up and down, hugging and hi-fiveing.  It was the cutest and sweetest thing I have ever seen between them.

These two have moments when they want to kill each other and times where I physically have to pull them apart. Fists fly, feet kick, words are yelled... its usually a daily occurrence, so when something like this happens, where they work together and share in each others successes, rather then compete, it fills my heart with such joy.  These boys... They are turning my hair grey and filling my heart at the same time.

We are so proud of you Luke!! And thank you to Grandpa Monty and Grandma Tammy for the kickstands!!

I wish I would have taken more pictures...

No comments:

Post a Comment