Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Blake turned 3!!

This day has always been bitter sweet for me... each year it gets easier, but still some really scary memories of how Blake came into this world.  September 29th is a day that I realized what it takes to be a parent... what sacrifice means, and what unconditional love feels like, so for that, I am so very grateful.  There was a nurse in the NICU named Liz, and she said to me " you don't know how strong you are until you have to be strong, and I know you are stronger then you feel right now"  Then she let me hold my baby for the first time (48 hours after he was born)  I will never forget that, and I will never forget her.  I have tears in my eyes now just thinking about her,  and what that moment felt like... the first time I was able to hold my child.  I remember just looking at him and crying, being so thankful for that moment.  I didn't care about the what happened before, or what tomorrow meant, it was just that second, and I will always remember that feeling.




Now, Blake is 3...and what an exciting 3 years it has been!  Mr. Blake is an active, healthy, strong boy.  He has a tenderness about him at times that could never be taught, but also, a fire in his eyes that shows a deep passion.  He is my amazing little man, and my miracle baby.  Every day, he says, or does something that amazes me... what a special boy we have...

Blake loves:

Batman
otter pops (green ones)
french fries
acting like a cowboy
riding his bike
watching Little Bear
Reading Cat in the Hat
running bear foot outside
digging in the dirt
jumping, swinging, and bouncing off anything that he can




Happy 3rd Birthday Blake!!

No comments:

Post a Comment