Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Progress Report

I joined Weight Watchers a few weeks ago, and it has really put things into perspective, and I believe that there has been a mistake... they are shorting me at least 10 points a day HAHA... But in all seriousness, I have a very wrong idea of my portion size. 

I went down 5 lbs, and now back up 3, so not so good, but I am still learning, and it is the holidays for peat's sake!  But this last week I have done some things and it seems to be working... I sneak veggies into EVERYTHING!!  Mums the word on this because if my husband knew or Blake caught wind, it would be all over... I made mashed potatoes for all of us the other night, and used 1 small russet, 1 bundle of cauliflower, and 2 parsnips... all white veggies, and added some fat free milk, a dab of butter, and a lot of pepper... Kyle loved them.  HAHA I feel very scandalise!  I have been hiding squash in Blake's pancakes in the morning too.  Tonight we are having spaghetti, and I made the sauce with the regular tomatoes, onions, and peppers, and then added some carrots.  I am the only one in this family that will eat carrots, so lets see if I did a good enough job hiding them!

Tonight Kyle and I are going to be going over a menu that we keep on a two week rotation and hopefully that will give us enough choices so that we don't get bored and resort back to our old ways.  I picked some recipes off the Weight Watchers site to run by him.  The hardest part about this is to make it feel like Kyle isn't eating a bunch of diet food.  Kyle is a meat and potatoes kind of guy, and I cant start taking all that away, but just making some itty-bitty changes and also sneaking it in where I can :) 

ALSO, I am about to send our Christmas cards out thanks to some amazing work by Stacy and Shayna to get everyone smiling!!!  Thank you Ladies!

1 comment:

  1. I lost 20 pounds with weight watchers and really didn't change so much that Jamaal noticed. Well, we have more veggies less cheese and less bread. The veggies he may or may not eat but i do. Do you go to meetings or online? They have a scale that really helped me. You put your portion on and it tells you the pp value. Easy peasy. Good job mama! :)

    ReplyDelete