Thursday, May 8, 2014

Attack of the Pressure Washer!!

I have been a pressure washing fool the last couple weeks... everything is nasty looking around here and we have a TON of brick and stones at our home.  I enjoy pressure washing... its almost therapeutic.  I love seeing the end result... how clean everything gets! 

So, when I have been pressure washing, I have been doing it barefoot.  I didn't think anything of it...I get completely covered head to toe in mud and guck... whatever else comes flying up at me, so its just easier to do it without shoes on because they get completely soaked anyways.  And, I kind of like to be barefoot anyways, like a hippy.

Yesterday, I found out why you should wear shoes... I was going back and fourth, getting all the nastiness up, and BAM!  I went over the top of my toe.  I knew I did something bad immediately.  I dropped the nozzle, and ran with a gimp to Kyle who was mowing the backyard.  I yelled at him to help me and I started to get nervous.  I explained what happened and we ran into the bathroom, and put my foot under the water.  Kyle says "well, I cant see bone, so that's a good thing"  I took a 3in x 1in deep chunk out of my big toe.  It stung so bad that I could hardly stand it. 

Did you know that a pressure washer could take your skin off?  I mean, its deep....really deep and oh my goodness it hurts.  I couldn't even put my tennis shoes on today.  Kyle says to me "Honey, you have to be careful, people have lost fingers while using the pressure washer"  Thanks for the warning... HAHA a little late!

I wont show a picture, because that's just nasty... but be warned,  wear your rubber boots when pressure washing!! Good news is that my courtyard, sidewalks, and driveway look amazing!!

No comments:

Post a Comment