Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Tests, Tests...And More Tests...

With Blake, we had very little testing done.  Since everything looked good on paper, they didn't see any need for further testing.  Also, the 20 Week ultrasound should have shown his heart condition, but they didn't catch it.  So, with Luke, we added some more tests and a 20 week fetal eco... Yay for a healthy baby... tests weren't too bad, but still more then I had the first time. 

With this baby...OMG...I swear, all I do is go in for urine tests, blood tests, genetic counseling, and ultrasounds.  I did opt for these tests because we figure better safe then sorry, and I do not want to be surprised again, but its mentally exhausting.  I am always worried that they are going to find "something" wrong or that something is going to come back "abnormal" The day before, I get myself all worked up, usually to the point of tears, and I just dread it.  But then I go in... with my little ones in tow, armed with snacks, juice boxes and ipads just trying to get it all over with. 

Today was the last of my tests... I had my 20 week Fetal Echocardiogram. Everything looks great... no heart defects to report, no extra crazy chromosomal defects to speak of, and baby has all its digits... I cant promise that being born into this family, he will be normal by any means, but at least all his parts are where they should be and his organs are doing what there supposed to be doing at the moment. No more testing until the gestational diabetes tests, but that's not for a while, so I am going to enjoy a few weeks of not having to go all the way into Tacoma, find parking and search for new addresses... and I am going to enjoy this healthy baby... at this point, his health has been confirmed as much as possible, and there isn't anything else I need to worry about... except getting his room together :)

No comments:

Post a Comment