Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Kona's First Year


Kona is just a year old now, and she's starting to become what I missed most when we lost Lucy.  Losing Lucy was devastating... not only for me, but for our family.  When we got Kona, she didn't replace Lucy, but she made it easier... she was a lot of work at first, all puppies are!  Potty training, crate training, eating walls, learning how to camp, car rides, neighbors... all were learned last year.  She has grown into a lady... at almost 100lbs, she's not a puppy anymore, but she's what I missed most when Lucy died.

 
 
She rides with me in the car everywhere we go, she sleeps every night right by the front door like a protector, she takes a nap with the kids everyday in their room, and doesn't chase the chickens. I can let her outside without her running off, she does get super excited when people come over (still working on that) but she calms down after a bit, and everything is fine.  She drinks out of the toilet, steals food off the kids plates and she thinks that I don't know that she gets on the couch sometime when I am not home.  She's a good dog... she's what we needed.   She is funny, loving, goofy, and lets the kids hang all over her.  They love her so much and I love seeing them with her.  She's their best friend, and when Kyles at hockey, she lays in bed with me and eats popcorn :)


She was curious about them at first, but never has tried to hurt them.  The chickens chase her!!


She LOVES to dig!


Silly dog!


Loves the dirt!!

Good camping dog!!

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment