Monday, January 5, 2015

That Old Typewriter

My Dad recently put this picture of me on Facebook... I forgot all about that old typewriter until I saw that picture.  It lived in a big hard plastic grey suitcase, and I played with it all the time.  My mom kept it in her room, on the floor next to her drawing table and I used to open it, sit on the floor and type.  Who knows what I was typing, but I remember it having black and red ink, and the ink ribbon would get bunched up and I would have to use my fingers and hold it in place. 

This particular picture was taken at my Grandma and Grandpa Jumps old house.  It looks like Christmas and amongst all the people running in and out of the kitchen and setting the table, I am right in the middle of it all, playing with my typewriter... I wish we still had it...

No comments:

Post a Comment