Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Christmas Crazyness 2014

Christmas is such a special time for us now... before kids, it was just another time to spend too much money, and I couldn't wait to see what my husband got me, it was all about presents... NOW...I get such joy out of seeing Christmas bring magic to my boys.  I love seeing how excited they get and how much there eyes light up about Christmas... the way that they count down the days until Christmas and how they almost don't sleep on Christmas Eve because they are so excited! 

This year, Kyle and I didn't do gifts, we instead let the kids do shopping for one another.  I took the boys to the sports store and they picked out a machete, roasting stick, and some sweatshirts with a tractor on one and Seahawks on another for their daddy (they actually know us very well) and when Kyle took them to the store, they found me some nail polish, a frying pan, garden clogs and a garden magazine... we thought it was so fun, and I think that we will always do something like that... I kind of showed us that they pay attention to more then we thought...




Christmas is a very busy time of year for us, and we still aren't done celebrating.  We had 6 Christmas's in 5 days... Last Saturday was the only day that we didn't have something going on and we just sat at home and played, organized,  and took down Christmas in our house.  I hadn't done laundry in 6 days and I ended up with 8 loads of laundry that I did all day yesterday, we took a load to the goodwill, and returned some things to the store that were duplicates.  Whew... starting to gain back some control on schedules, and chores. 

We are so lucky to have so many loving family members that we get to spend the holidays with.  Although it is hectic, crazy, loud, and exhausting, I wouldn't change it for anything in the world.  I am enjoying this because I know that someday, we wont be going to grandparents and great grandparents homes, and my kids might be off in other states or I will be sharing them with their girlfriends or wives families, and I am okay with that because I know that its just part of them growing up, but as for right now, I am enjoying this crazy time knowing that it wont always be like this.  I have always loved Christmas, but I love it even more now!  Christmas magic in your kids eyes is priceless!!!


Luke LOVES tools!!








 


No comments:

Post a Comment