Wednesday, December 3, 2014

5 Years With Dr. Oltman!

We had Blake's 5 year appointment yesterday, although his birthday was a couple months ago, his Dr. is kind of hard to get into for Well Child Check-Ups.  If he's sick, its not that big of a deal, but the Well-Child appointments are always a little further out.  I knew that too, I just spaced and when I went to make the appointment, I was like...whoops!!! 

Anyways, he is worth the wait.  Dr Oltman with Pediatrics NW is amazing and my boys love him.  We drive all the way into Tacoma to see him, but like I said, I make the trip because I trust him, and because of his heart condition, I like to have everyone in the same network, and also like that his cardiologist is right across the courtyard from his Pediatrician. 

Blake didn't go to school yesterday because, like I said, I didn't have many options on appointment times, but he had fun hanging out with me instead.  We dropped Luke off at Grandma Tammy's house to play, and we were at the Dr.'s by 8:30.  We went through the appointment and this kids is doing great.  Growing steadily in the 50%'s  :)  I wonder if he's going to be little all his life or if he will just spurt up one day?  humnmn hopefully he's taller then Kyle and I!!!  Dr Oltman told Blake that he remembered meeting him the very first time after his surgery and how small he was.  He told him that he was so happy to see how hes growing and how healthy he is... he said "Blake, your like a little superman"  Blake just beamed ear to ear with the biggest smile!  Like I said.. AMAZING doctor... and he's pretty easy on the eyes as well ;)

The Dr. is right across the street from Tacoma General and Merry Bridge, and we have a soft spot for their pancakes!  Ate them so many mornings while Blake was there... funny how cafeteria food and the smell of Purell hand sanitizer can bring back so many memories!  I talked to him about how he was taken care of there and how all the Doctors and nurses worked together to help him, and we even sat in the same spot in the cafeteria that Kyle and I sat at everyday when we were there.  When we were outside, I pointed out the corner window where his room was.  He thought it was pretty neat that we were in the same place that fixed his heart 5 years ago.  It was fun to take a little walk down memory lane and it really put into perspective how far he has come.  You would never know that he had the crazy start that he did, but he's so much stronger because of it!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment