Monday, September 9, 2013

Big Changes Make a Weary Mama

I have not been sleeping well lately, and I am not sure if it is because of all the changes that are ahead, or if it is just due to Lucy snoring louder then normal, but boy, am I tired.

Today, I cannot be tired...today, I cannot show any other emotion but excitement, and today, my oldest little man becomes a big boy.  I have been coaching myself through this.  Smile...be encouraging, and don't fall apart in front of him.

This is a big deal for our family.  Blake has never been without myself or Tammy.  We were so very lucky to have Tammy take care of him his first two years of life while I went back to work, and these last year and a half has been amazing, but it is now time for him to thrive in an environment where he can learn, grow, and imagine.

I have realized also that my days aren't just going to be my call anymore... Now I have a school schedule to work around.  He will be in the morning class, so he will be there until noon, come home, have lunch and then take his nap... Oh what an adjustment this will be, but I am looking forward to some special time with Luke.  Maybe I can find a swim class for us or something, but whatever we do, it will be nice to spend that quality time with him.

They sure grow fast...  But I know this little man will be just fine, it is me that I am worried about :)
I wonder how this is going to go... he is already telling me he doesn't want to go...I will update later :)


No comments:

Post a Comment