Monday, September 30, 2013

Violated...



Friday was our first date night in a while.  My parents had the kids, and we were off to see Jason Aldean and Jake Owen... GREAT CONCERT!  We had a lot of fun, and it kind of brought us back to that feeling of "before kids"  we used to go to concerts all the time, and now, not so much... but for good reasons :)

After the concert, we were walking to my car *side-note... we decided to take my car because it was easier to park.  Kyle's big truck doesn't always fin in spaces or the garages* and we notice all these people upset, and I see that their car was broken into.  I stopped and asked the girl if she was okay because she was parked right next to us.  She said that she was and that they had already called the police.  Kyle had already unlocked our car and got in while I was talking to the girl, and I hear him say " Oh $*#@, they got our car too"  I ran over to the passenger door, looked in the glove-box, and my wallet was gone, and then I looked behind the seat where I stashed my purse, and that was gone too... I was really angry... then I saw it... my anger quickly turned into hurt.  I got this ball in my throat, and my eyes welled up with tears.

As I looked at the back seat of my SUV, I saw that they had broken the window on Luke's side of the car inwards; they had crawled all over the back two car seats, breaking them, and digging shards of broken glass into them.  They were destroyed.  They somehow, in their frenzy, stepped or knelt on Luke's favorite book and broke the spine and tore the pages out. - Let the tears start rolling- I went over to Kyle, and he was trying to comfort me as much as he could, but I just had to cry.  You mess with my things, and I can handle that.  You mess with my kids, and you just broke my heart.

The cops came, and we got the police report taken care of.  It was a busy night for them... at that time, I was 1 of 40 reported car break ins in the surrounding parking lots.

Mitch called to see how the concert was and I told him what had happened.  He was there in 15 minutes.  He took pictures for us because our phones were dead, he brought leather work gloves and garbage bags, and cleaned the big pieces of glass out of my car, and put some plastic over my seat so I didn't get poked with any little pieces on the way home, and he even cleaned the glass out of the other peoples cars.  I called Tammy while I was carying... doing that is almost like drunk dialing, and they cant even understand you HAHA, But she was there to listen and help calm me down.  I sure have a great family :)

I called the insurance companies.  Mitch cleaned out the cars, Tammy gave me another mom to cry to about my babies car seats, and Kyle reassured me that it would all be okay while he called to cancel all our cards.  What a night.. I went from complete excitement to complete heartache in about 30 seconds - talk about a whirlwind!  We didn't get home until 1am - completely exhausted.

Saturday, bright and early I was up.  I went out to see the damage in the light and it just upset me all over again.  We got the shop vac out and cleaned out all the glass... It completely covered the car from front to back.  I was amazed at how far that stuff flew.  I got the car-seats out, cleaned up the kids' stuff that was scattered everywhere and wiped everything down.  The glass is like little barbed slivers and I vacuumed for about an hour and I think that some is still in there.  Maybe I will have to have it detailed.  We ate some eggs and then we were off to target... new car-seat time.  We had a total of 3 car-seats.  We had one in the truck, so we just bought 1 new one.  It will be a little less convenient now if we need to change them from one car to another, but oh well,  its cheaper then buying two.  Then, off to the bank to get some cash because all our cards were stolen and we ordered new cards.  Kyle's stuff was even canceled because we are joint on everything, and all our card numbers are the same.

So, they took:
Coach wallet
Coach purse
Broke the Car-seats
broke the window

They did not grab:
My Northface Jacket that was on the seat
My GPS
Best Buy gift cards

They made a huge mess for us, ruined our night, and emotionally really hurt me.  Someone came into MY car and took MY things and violated MY space.  I am, however, thankful that I gave Kyle my drivers license to take into the concert so that we could buy beer (haha) and that I didn't have any cash in there.  They will probably sell my purse and wallet for 20 bucks on the street and use it to buy drugs.  They didn't get anything off my cards, and they don't have anything with my address on it.  With the amount of cars that were hit, they were just looking for cash.  I think that all in all, I lost WAY more then they gained...



No comments:

Post a Comment