Sunday, September 22, 2013

Blake says "Lets talk about..... Aunt Dawn"



Every night when I put him to bed, he always wants to talk about something.  I don't know if its just to push out bedtime or not, but some of our conversations get really funny.  I remember one when he said " let's talk about why dad has little boobs and yours are big". Haha, yes, my child is the one that asks those questions, and I assure you, I answer them as technically as I can.

Tonight, Blake said " let's talk about Aunt Dawn". My heart sank... Was I going to answer this right? Oh, lord give me the words... I said " what about her? ". Blake said " do you miss her"  "yes" I said, "I miss her everyday.  She was a very special person".  Get ready for this... Blake looks at me, puts his hand on my face and says " she thinks you are special too, and she says not to cry".  My heart stopped, my mouth was wide open, I had a lump in my throat, and tears came running down my face.  Blake then yelled at me "STOP CRYING, she doesn't like seeing you do that".  I realized that I couldn't keep my composure anymore, so I hugged him very tightly, told him that I cry because I miss her, but I will try to remember her with a smile instead, gave him a kiss, and I left his room.  It was just too much for me.  I was shaking, and just stood in silence for a few minutes right outside his door.

Where is Kyle when you need him... At a HOCKEY GAME for goodness sakes! (Emotional wreck right here) Oh my goodness... You know, I don't really know if I believe in spirits (never seen one), and Blake might have just been on story mode and I am seeing something that isn't there, but it gave me chills.  I still have goosebumps and tears thinking... What if?  What if she was there, talking to Blake?  I don't want to sound hokey, but maybe, just maybe, it was her?  I didn't ask Blake any questions, I could hardly speak, but maybe I will ask him tomorrow after I have some time to pull myself together.

I miss her everyday, she is irreplaceable.  Forever in my heart... To be remembered with a smile, and a glass of wine... Which I am going to go pour right now.  I need one after that conversation!



1 comment: