Monday, September 9, 2013

Tears of Joy

We were all excited as we left the house, Luke was even clapping in the car.  We sang wheels on the bus the whole way to preschool, and when we got there, Blake yelled " LOOK, MY SCHOOL, HURRY!"  

Blake said goodbye to Luke, and I walked him into his class... there was his teacher, Mrs. Barb, and a bunch of other kids... Blake looked at me and smiled.  We hung up his coat, and walked over to his teacher.  She welcomed him with open arms, and gave him a big hug.  He looked back at me as he ran to play with the other kids... " bye Mom, I love you" I smiled as big as I could to keep the tears inside, and waved goodbye.  I started to walk out, and Mrs Barb came over and handed me a little note with a tissue.  I got in the car, started to cry and called Kyle...  I just cant believe how big he is, and how grown up he acts sometimes.  

Luke and I went home, and played, did some laundry and vacuumed... I kept noticing myself looking at the clock in anticipation of when we could leave to go and pick him up.  Luke even noticed his brothers absence... he kept going into his brother room and looking for him... kind of sad, but also sweet.

11:40 rolls around and we head out to get him!  I walk into the classroom, and find a smiling boy with a TON of artwork that he did that day!  He comes running over to me with a big smile and the first thing he said..." I did it, I stayed all day and didn't even cry"  By this time, I am an emotional wreck, and tears start welling up in my eyes AGAIN!  I got a big hug and a kiss from my biggest little man, and a good report from the teacher.  I couldn't have asked for a better first day, and I am so proud of him! Then, we were off the Wally's to celebrate with an ice cream cone!  We all deserved some sweets after such an emotional day... maybe the ice cream was more for my emotional satisfaction, but it was also to celebrate a great start the our very first school year!!





No comments:

Post a Comment