Thursday, November 21, 2013

He's An Old Soul...And A Wonderful Boy

He is different then other children, you can see it on his face and hear it in his words.  He is concerned and cautions, and is always looking out for others.  He worries about people, and he can read their emotions.

 Blake is special.  We all think our children are special, and they all are, in different ways.  Blake has this ability to look at someone and understand what their needs are.  He is very in-tuned with his feelings and the feelings of others. He asked me why this man was holding a sign and what it said... he cried when I explained to him what homeless meant and that their sign said that they were cold and hungry.  When we got home, he pulled out every sent of his piggy bank and asked me if we could give it to them.  


We went to the grocery store to buy food for the Holidays to donate to the Buckley Food Bank, and he kept asking if we could get more... then when we got home, he went into the pantry and started pulling food off the shelves and said "we don't need this as much as someone without any food does"  I almost scolded him to put the items back on the shelf, but something stopped me.  Who am I to stop him from giving...this is where his heart is and why should I redirect it?  I am going to encourage him, and mindfully guide him (he is only 4) to make the right decisions.  I am going to encourage him to feel for people, as I believe that there is not enough of that in this world.  I want him to be confident in his intuition and his ability to feel empathy and compassion.  

To me, he is an old soul, wise beyond his years with more love and grace in his heart then I have ever seen. I have learned something from my little one today, and I am so proud of him.  He is truly a gift to this world, and I believe that he is going to change many lives.  He is a giver...

No comments:

Post a Comment