Thursday, November 14, 2013

I'm On My Way...

So, it has been no secret that I have been struggling with my weight ever since Luke was born... Things just didn't bounce back as easily the second time, and I realized that I had to step up my game... And so, I have :). I am well on my way. I am down 15 Lbs so far, and I have about 25 more to go, but I have discovered something along this narrow and long path.  I have tried every diet out there... Atkins...South Beach... Weight Watchers (I don't have time to count points)... Nothing that I could stick to permanently   But... With age, comes wisdom.  There was also a little trial and error in there. :)

This is so cliche, but it is all about a lifestyle change.  If I deny myself something, I want it more and more until I binge on it... Not good!  I work out now, 3 times a week, and I walk on our treadmill at home when I can.  I have discovered that I need this for both my mental sanity, and for my physical health.  I realized that I needed the "me" time or I was going to murder someone haha!




As far as food goes, I think that I will always struggle.  But I have a good feeling about it right now, and I am in a good place.  I don't buy potato chips at all anymore because I have no control over them. The bag looks at me and begs me to eat them...ALL!  I eat on smaller plates, try to load up on fruits and veggies and lean proteins. We don't have bread with dinner anymore, and I add as many veggies that I can without making our food look "vegetarian" ... this is a must since I married a meat and potatos kind of guy :) Sunflower seeds are my go-to choice for a quick snack if I need something salty, and the boys love them too... I buy them already peeled :).

So, I have a long way to go, but for now, I am going to celebrate a little bit of my success.  I am pretty proud of myself, not just because of the weight loss, but because I have taken the time to do something that is just or ME... And my workout gives me the ability to check-out for about an hour and I needed that.  I kind of think that we all do...

I am so motivated to keep this going... I desperately want to wear a pair of skinny jeans this winter with some tall boots and a cute sweater, and feel good about it :)
Much like this outfit... 

boots




No comments:

Post a Comment