Thursday, December 12, 2013

A Boy and His Dog

I have said it before and I will say it again... there is no sweeter and loving relationship then what a child has with his dog.  They never quarrel, There is never any competition, and there is always understanding.  There is something special about the relationship that we have with our pets... something inspiring.

I am glad that my boys have Lucy... as much as I hate the shedding, brushing, drooling, feeding, and vet visits, I am glad to do it.  I love her like a daughter, and my boys love her like a sister.  In fact, we even call her sister most times.  She is a true member of our family... she sleeps on a giant pillow (sometimes our bed) eats better then we do, defends our home, and loves our family.  What better way for boys to grow up then to know the unconditional love of a dog?



Blake uses her as a pillow while he watches cartoons


Sweet kisses... Luke has chocolate all over his face from the cookies that he "stole"

No comments:

Post a Comment