Friday, December 6, 2013

My Day At Swedish

I got to spend some special time with my Grandma on Monday... uninterrupted special time.  I wish it was under better circumstances, but never the less, I spent a good 11 hours with her at Swedish Hospital.  We ate 2 meals together, went on a walk-a-bout through Seattle University and had some Starbucks along with some good conversation.  It was really good to spend that time with her.

Now, the reason that we were at Swedish was so that my Grandpa could have a device installed in his back to stimulate the nerves on his spine to hopefully give him some comfort.  Now, my Grandpa Howard is a man of few words... kind of the strong silent type.  Imagine a man who has been active his entire life, who built a beach house with his bare hands, who is a carpentry perfectionist, and has spent his life working hard to provide for his family.  Then imagine that it has all been taken away from him because of debilitating back pain that shoots down both legs.  Confined... not able to do what he loves.  Breaks my heart because no one should be put through that... He is hopeful that this new device will work.  He tried a trial version and seemed to get some relief, so we are all excited for him to be more comfortable.  Our fingers are crossed for him so that he can get back to the life that he so deserves!



No comments:

Post a Comment