Monday, December 30, 2013

Happy Holidays :)

The holidays were very bitter sweet for our family, but mostly on the sweeter side.  Just before Christmas, we lost our darling pup, and it sure has a way of breaking you in a way that you didn't think that you could ever be broken.  I go to empty the kids' leftovers into her food dish, and its not there... I vacuum every day because with her dog hair, that's what I used to have to do, but the canister on the vacuum is empty now.  Her absence is really felt around here.  I especially feel it when I am all by myself...After the kids have gone to bed, and if Kyle isn't home.  That was the time that I really spent with her, and she would lay on the bed with me, and eat popcorn... I miss that.

Luckily, we had a trip scheduled to the Great Wolf Lodge on the 20th and it was sure perfect timing!  We all needed to check-out for a bit and oh-my-gosh... that place is AMAZING!  Not just for kids, but parents too!!  I got a massage, and a facial that were absolutely spectacular!  The kids ran wild and LOVED every minute of it, and we really enjoyed our time there.  We stayed up until 10:30!  that's a big deal with a 7:30 bed time... ate ice cream at 9PM and we got this special pass to go swimming at 7:30 AM.  We were the only ones in the pool, and it felt like we had the park all to ourselves.  It was so much fun with so many memories!  I didn't take many pictures because we were running around so much, but we sure had a blast!!


He loved the paintings on the walls!!




We had 5 Christmas's this year and I am pleased to say that we survived it!  I think that we all go into a little bit of survival mode during the holidays.  We do what we have to do to make it through... nap times, feedings, toys, bathing... I honestly didn't really care what they ate.  If they wanted candy at 8PM at someones house and it would keep them from having a melt down... by golly GIVE THEM THE CANDY!  Thats my philosophy anyways.  Its Christmas and at Christmas, I will tend to pick my battles a little more carefully.  We are all stretched thin and our brains are on overdrive... but that's what makes the holidays...well, the holidays!  We had some great family time, some really special memories were made, and the boys even saw Santa's Sleigh on Christmas eve (thanks to a move that my fantastic husband pulled off)  Christmas is about the little ones and we are going to do everything that we can to always make it special for them :)

Blake's new Bike... Luke thinks that its his too... I see a fight coming!

It wouldn't be Christmas eve without some arm-wrestling

Their Great-Great-Grandmas organ. 

Hopefully he wont take Brothers now!

Santa built a play toy in Grandma and Grandpa Rogers backyard!

All I can say... NICE PJ'S!!


Santa left his footprints by our fireplace!

Kyle is excited about Christmas RIBS!!!









No comments:

Post a Comment