Wednesday, January 1, 2014

2014...AND BEYOND!!!

Welcome 2014!!

2013 was a good year for our family with many lessons learned in Love, family, and friendship.

I remember when we used to go out to parties on New Years eve and pretty much spend New Years day recovering... HAHA The good o'l days...right??  WRONG!  There will be a time again where we go out with friends and celebrate, but for right now, we enjoy putting the little ones to bed, opening a bottle of wine, and playing monopoly.  I always lose... I guess I am just not as aggressive as my dear husband.  But we have a good time re-capping the year and discussing our family goals for the year to come :)



This marks the first full calendar year that I have been a stay at home mama, and I can honestly say that I think that I am finally getting the swing of things.  Between house work, children, and time for myself... I think I have a really good thing going... BUT I have noticed that Kyle and mines "date nights" have been fewer and further between.  Lets mark that one down on my list of goals for the next year! :)

This coming year, there are a few things that I really want to accomplish, and I am determined to do it.  I really want to get back to the basics.  I am talking about all of it... food, cleaning, living... I think that we have lost sight of what used to be good... We have our phones, ipads, kindles, TV's... I don't know the last time I read a book...yes, seriously, and I know how sad that is.  I want to play more board games, and have less to do with whats on TV.  I am not going to get hooked on 5 different shows this year.  I am going to get down on the floor more with my kids, and really focus on them.  We are going to build a chicken coop (I hear the chainsaw going as we speak) to teach our kids about raising chickens and learning where our food comes from.  I am going to utilize every inch of my garden space this year and take advantage of canning so that I can enjoy my OWN veggies all year round.  

I am going to go greener and use vinegar to clean my floors, and baking soda to get those tough grass stains out of my boys pants.  I want to live the way that my grandma did.  live simply and valuable.  I cant wait for the summer when I can smell the clean sheets drying on the clothes line outside, and we are going to run and play and laugh and love.  

Goodbye Pinterest... I have enough ideas to last a lifetime.  Candy Crush, you would have been the death of me!  Facebook will be looked at occasionally, but not as an app on anything.  If I want to look at it, I will have to go sit down at the computer.  

We are going to get back to basics.  I dont need to buy expensive things to live a valuable life, I believe the opposite actually.  I just need to put my heart into whatever I do. I have passion for my family and the way that we choose to live our lives, and it doesn't get any better then that...not to me, anyways :)




I am so excited for 2014... to learn, fail, grow and to strive!   



1 comment: