Thursday, January 16, 2014

Letter To An Angel

When I meant to send this to you, you weren't an angel, not in the heavenly sense, anyway... but its amazing how something can fall between the seats of your car and not be discovered for over a year.  I know exactly what it is without even opening it.  I remember because I picked it out especially for you... pink and black, your favorite combination of colors.  It was your 50th Birthday card.  I am sorry it never got sent to you.  I hope you didn't think that I forgot about you.  The good thing is, though, I looked at this letter and smiled for the first time... instead of looking at something of yours and crying.  I guess that's progress...  I feel you all the time... around me.  Blake talks about you like you are here even though he knows that you are in Heaven, and it makes me smile, because I think that he feels you too. 

Happy 50th Birthday to my dear Aunt Dawn... forever in my heart.


No comments:

Post a Comment