Thursday, December 5, 2013

Thanksgiving Weekend Away

It is kind of a "Jump Family Tradition" to go to the ocean the weekend after Thanksgiving.  Usually because there is a clam dig, but also, my mom and I love to go to all the antique stores around Westport and Grayland. 

Holy wind... we walked outside our cabin... that was right on the edge of the harbor... and it was so windy that Luke almost blew away. He actually thought it was really funny as I reached to grab him before he fell over... oh dear HAHA.

Everyone also went out to dig clams... and while I actually love to do this, I opted out this time.  Luke is just too little to go run around on the beach with 60MPH winds and rain pelting him in the face, but Blake LOVED it.  That must be the Jump side... we don't mind being in the wind and freezing for some reason :)  Luke and I enjoyed playing with pots and pans and watching Barney on the ipad while everyone else froze their butts off :)





It was a really fun weekend.  The kids loved crabbing off the back porch, and seeing all the boats going in and out of the harbor... we taught them both how to say "harbor" in a New England-ish accent... quite entertaining.  I ate horribly, but the nasty stomach bug that we all caught on Monday helped clear that all out... TMI... HAHA.  Now its time to get back on track!


No comments:

Post a Comment