Thursday, February 23, 2012

Lost my mind... and my shoes!!

So, today I think that I am going to blame my ridiculousness on the fact that I am pregnant, and the fact that I was rushed this morning, HA!  I am going to blame it on that for as long as I can!!
Blake was up a couple times last night, and then when Kyle got up to go to work, I realized that Blake was in bed with us… not the end of the world, this happens from time to time, and I don’t mind because most of the time he sleeps in his own bed.  My alarm goes off every morning at 4:45; yes, I said 4:45, and I need to leave the house by 5:35 to make it to Grandma’s house on time.  So, when I woke up and the clock said 5:15, I was a little frazzled!  In the morning, I need to get myself ready (thank goodness I shower the night before) get the car started and warmed up, put the bags in the car, Let Lucy out in her dog run to go potty, feed her, feed the rabbit, and get the little monster out of bed, change his diaper and get him some milk for the ride to grandmas. 
Well since Blake got up several times last night, he did not want to get up this morning.  It almost broke my heart because I had to MAKE him wake up, and he was not happy with me at all.  So I walk out the garage, packed Blake in the car, let Lucy in the house, turned off all the lights, and on my way I went, and I made it out by 5:38… not too bad.  Half way to grandma’s, I realized that my feet were really warm… and just attributed it to the fact that I blast the heat, but then I noticed what I had done… I was wearing my slippers… my brown fuzzy slippers and it was too late to turn around.  I just shook my head at myself and laughed...I mean, what else was there to do at that point?  I got to my mom’s and looked through what she had, but she is a size 9, and I am a size 7.5-8, so nothing that she had really worked.  I did have a spare pair of shoes in the back of my car… they are Black, and my ensemble for the day warranted Brown, but never the less, I put them on and walked into the office.  No one said anything about my shiny black heals that didnt match at all, but I haven’t worn these shoes since before I was pregnant, and let’s just say that either my feet grew, or these shoes shrunk, and my feet were killing me!  After lunch, I switched back into my slippers hoping that no one would notice them, and I figured that if they do… I don’t really care.  I am pregnant for peats sake! Of course, one of the field foreman came into my office and started laughing at me… He was like “Nice Slippers Jes”… Thanks  for noticing and announcing it to the office Jack! 
So, I am not sure what I learned from this… either I need to get up earlier, or keep a pair of shoes that fit in the car??
At least we ended the night on a good note :)

2 comments:

  1. Hi Jess! Welcome to the blogging world!

    I love this post. I have done similar things - tried to get in the shower with my socks on. There are many many times where I've gotten the girls in the car and forgotten to put their shoes on (I usually put them in their carseats as soon as I can so I can get out the door faster!) or walked out into the garage without shoes. I don't think I've actually gotten to my destination without shoes, yet, but it's bound to happen one day!

    Have fun blogging...I know I do!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kayleen! I actually started this blog because I read yours every day and I love it! Thank you for sharing stories about your girls and opinions on your faith. I am not Catholic, so I really appreciate the insight that you give. Your girls are just lovely, and I am so excited to read more about this new bundle of joy that’s on the way. I didn’t realize how big the blogging world was until I started reading your blog! Thanks for posting it to facebook… otherwise, I would never have known about it! Now it is on my regular list of daily readings!!

      Jesica

      Delete