Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Welcome Lucas Raymond

Luke is finally here... after months of anticipation, I get to hold my youngest son, and what a blessing he is.  Kyle and I kept waiting for something to go wrong because of everything that happened with Blake, but it was all perfect.  At exactly 6:00 PM on Saturday May 12th, 2012 Lucas Raymond Rogers came into this world weighing 7 Lbs 10 Oz, and 20.5 Inches long.  He is just perfect, and we are so excited to add another member to the family.

My dream is for Blake and Luke to grow up and be the best of friends... to have secrets with each other and to also fight like brothers do.  Blake Loves his little brother, but I can already sense some major jealously.  We are really trying to make Blake feel special and to make him understand that just because Luke is here, it don't mean that we love him any less... easier said then done, but I know that this is normal, and it will just be something that we need to work through as a family. 






Welcome to the world Baby Luke...We love you!!

1 comment:

  1. Aw, Congratulations again!

    It is definitely a big adjustment having two kids. It's very understandable for Blake to be going through jealousy feelings. I'm sure you guys are doing your best to make him feel special. I would try to hand baby Josie over to Mike throughout the day so I could just cuddle with Louisa or go on a walk with her one - on - one (once you're feeling better of course!) Eventually he will realize that Luke is a permanent member of the family and he will adjust to it! And I'm sure they will end up being best buds. It's nice having two of the same gender close in age!

    Anyways, great job (I first read somewhere that you had a 10lb 7oz baby!) If you have time you should write more about your birth experience. I always enjoy reading that kind of thing. Rest up mama!

    ReplyDelete