Thursday, May 3, 2012

Things I have learned since being at home :)

So, I knew that this was going to be a new adventure, and I have learned so much these past 2 weeks.  Let me start off by saying that I have a much deeper appreciation for nap times now!!!


I have learned...


That when you are at home all day, you pick up messes all day.  When we weren't here, it always stayed clean!


We go through a lot more toilet paper now since I pee every 15 minutes!


I need to go shopping for Milk at Costco now because Blake drinks the ever living daylights out of it!


You go through a TON of laundry and carpet cleaner when you are potty training.


I have time to miss my husband now, and I appreciate the work that he does so much more now that I am at home.


I enjoy taking naps with Blake, even though I wake up with his face smashed on mine and its all sticky.


Getting out of the house every other day or so is a MUST!


My neighbor, Tom, leaves his house every morning at 8 and returns at 9:30.


My other neighbor John, and his wife have a visitor staying with them this week who happened to bring 2 pit bulls to their house... Lucy barked at them through the dog run... lets just say that if she got out, or they came through the fence, she would be bringing a knife to a gun fight... I am extra cautious of when I let her outside now, and I make sure that they are inside... they would destroy her, and they even play overly rough with each other.

I never used to really care if the house was spotless when Kyle got home because we shared the household chores... now I find that I go crazy 15 minutes before he gets home to make sure all the hockey sticks are picked up and that the fruit snacks aren't stuck to the couch.

I have really learned that I LOVE staying home.  It is hard, and I can't imagine what it is going to be like adding another one into this, but I am enjoying my time with Blake right now.  I am glad that we have had these couple weeks together because I am learning so much from him.

1 comment:

  1. and I'm sure Blake is unbelievably happy that he gets mama to himself ALL DAY!

    FUN! Looking forward to hearing more stories from your new career. I love it too - there are ups and downs, but at the end of the day it feels so good to tell yourself that you got to spend another day with your own flesh and blood. I can't imagine ever regretting the decision to be a stay at home mama!

    ReplyDelete