Sunday, April 29, 2012

What a Weekend

This weekend was jam-packed full of wonderful family.  On Friday, Erin and Mitch had us over for dinner for my birthday... FYI- She makes AMAZING bacon wrapped honey mustard chicken!  She also made me this really sweet picture.  I can tell it took a lot of time and I absolutely LOVE it!!  When I decide where to hang it, I will post a picture :)

Saturday, we had Kyle's family over to our house to celebrate Monty's, Tammy's, Grandpa Ray's and My birthday.  Good thing that the weather cooperated so that the little ones could go play outside and Blake loves running around with all his cousins... Kyle and I also got a special treat!!!  Monty and Tammy took Blake for the night after the party... we haven't had a night out in a long time... I am usually way too tired, and as it gets closer to this baby's due date, I have a hard time going too far from home...I just like to be here... but we went and saw Hunger Games.  Kyle read the book so he kind of gave me the summary before we got there, so I had an idea of what was going on.  Not a bad movie, but I tend to like more of the Nicholas Sparks type movies :)  Less violence and more predictable love triangles HAHA.
Yes, that is a new IPad for Kyle's Grandpa :)
Blake getting comfortable with his 2nd Cousin Derek
Great Grandma turned 90 today!  Holy cow... she is still sharp as a whistle too... my Great Grandpa passed away a little over a year ago and he was 95.  That German blood is sure strong and stubborn!  She was so excited to see all of us together and it was fun to see her all dressed up!  On my mom's side of the family, I have both my grandparents and a great grandma still, and in 2010 I lost the last of my Dad's side.  Its just weird how my dads parents left this world so young and my mom's side is still here.  I miss my Grandpa Jump every day and he loved Blake SO much... He always called him his "Little Wee One" and on days when my mom's side of the family get together, I wonder if my dad gets sad that he doesn't have those people in his life still?  I haven't ever asked, but maybe I should??

Anyways, I got off track... it was an amazing weekend with lots of family fun, but I have had all the fun I need for one weekend... Kyle had a hockey game, so now that I have Blake to sleep, I am going to go take a bath while I still can, and watch something super sappy on TV...Maybe I will even get some ice cream :)

No comments:

Post a Comment