Monday, April 23, 2012

Day #1 at Home!

So, I am pleased to report that day one was a success!!  I know that I can do this, but I am going to be honest... since it is something that I have never done before, I am really trying to make sure that I find a good balance and that I don't just spend all my time playing with Blake, but also remember to get the housework done...which I did today :)  I swept, vacuumed, cleaned the kitchen and folded a load of laundry all before 9:00... my thought for today was, get it all done early so that I could play the rest of the day, and we had a little more to do then normal because we had some mess left over from a busy weekend. 
Mitch and Erin came over and brought Baby Evie, Erin's Niece, and what a doll she is!  Blake absolutely loves her and thinks it is so neat that he can hold her... ALSO, we got a trial run on Baby's room... Everything in there was Blake's and has been up in the attic.  Although, I cleaned it all, I never checked the batteries.  When Erin went to use the swing and the bouncer... realized it needs batteries!!  Better put that one on my list!  Good thing that they came over!  Also, Baby Evie started to hold the bottle on her own!! 


Kyle worked a funny schedule today, so he wont be home until a little after 10:00, so I have used this time to make up 5 batches of spaghetti to freeze for when baby comes... YES, all home made sauce!  I was feeling ambitious!  Excited for what tomorrow brings!
 

3 comments:

  1. Congrats on your successful first day at home! What time did you get up in order to get all that done before 9:00? And did Blake sleep in any later since you didn't have to get him up to go to Gramma's house?

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a little ham Blake is.
    I need his shirt in a few sizes bigger for TJ.
    I am so glad that you enjoyed your day home. Finding a balance is hard... I have been home for almost five years and I am still trying to find it.
    I would love to see you soon and I cant wait to see the new little one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Marilou - I still got up at 5 AM HAHA and YES, Blake slept in until 7! YAY! I actually watched the news and had a cup of tea :)

    Karen - My brother got him this shirt for christmas and he also has a matching one... very fitting for our family HAHA We should get together soon! The weather is starting to act in our favor... is the bubble man still at the puyallup park on Friday's?

    ReplyDelete