Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Not so Happy New Year

**WARNING - This post contains some pretty nasty stuff... if you dont want to hear about puke and poop, I would stay away!!**


News year eve was an absolute disaster.  Luke was sick all Sunday night to the point where we thought we were going to take him to the hospital.  I know haw fast babies dehydrate so when he started vomiting, we got a little worried.  He finally held down a bottle, and went to bed, so we didn't have to take him, but it was sure scarry, we checked on him every half hour or so throughout the night.  Then, when we woke up, the puking continued with Blake, then throw in a little diarrhea, and you have a lot of mess.  I mean, it was everywhere.  He threw up in my bed, on my floor, and on the bathroom floor.  For some reason, when I hold the bucket Up to his face, he turns the other way.  We went through every towel, sheet, and pillow case that we had... And then... It was mama's turn.  It hit me like a ton of bricks!  At one point, Blake was passed out on the floor in my room, and I was jumping over him on my way to bathroom, and I stepped in something really sticky... To this point, I still have no idea what the nasty goo was, and I really don't want to know!  It was horrible!

Monty and Tammy to the rescue!!!  Kyle started feeling yucky, and we realized that we couldn't take care of the kids and ourselves, so Kyle made the call.  Thank goodness we have such an amazing family, and they drooped everything, and came and help us.  Tammy realized how bad my symptoms were, I was in the bathroom every few minutes for one reason or another ( if you catch my drift) and I was starting to get dizzy.  She suggested that Kyle take me to the hospital because she could see that something was really wrong, and at that point, I was willing to do anything.

Off to St. Elizabeth's in Enumclaw we went, but it was no easy task getting to the hospital that was 15-20 minutes away when I needed to use the facilities every 3-5 minutes.  If you have ever been to Buckley, there isn't really a place to pull over and use their bathroom.  So, bless kyle's heart... He set me up with a barf bowl, and Blake's potty chair... And we did have to pull over once to use it, and made Kyle stand outside in the 25 degree weather while I took care of business... That's love right there!!

Sure enough, I was severely dehydrated, so two bags of fluids, and a cocktail of other meds and I started feeling a bit better, but one of the meds knocked me out, and I started to feel super loopy.  It was 11:45 pm and then Kyle started throwing up. He went outside to get sick because he said that he felt weird doing it in the hospital... Haha. Okay.

So it turned to midnight, I was away from my kiddos, my husband was sick in the parking lot, and I was hooked up to an IV in the hospital.  Clearly not ideal!  I was so out of it that when we hot home around 1 am, I went straight to bed.  Slept for a few hours, and then got sick again, then woke up to Kyle getting sick...ugh!

8:00 am was my turning point.  I woke up and felt okay.  Went out in the living room, and Monty and Tammy were there with the kids.  Tammy washed and folded all my laundry, cleaned up the bathrooms, and slept with Blake all night while Monty slept on the couch and took care of Luke.  How lucky are we!  I don't know how we would have gotten through that without them.  Kyle still feels really nasty, and I think that he has a few more hours before he starts to feel a bit better, but he didn't lose as much fluids as I did, so I am hoping that he feels better soon. 

We are going to plan a New Years Eve DO-OVER!!!  What we usually do for New Years is put the kids to bed, and then we order pizza drink beer, and play Monopoly.  Very exciting, I know, but its what we have always done, and we enjoy it!  So maybe next weekend, we will pretend that it was the 31st all over again, but what I want more then anything is to have everyone feeling better!



Blake after eating his Popsicle and having his throw-up bucket ready... poor guy!
 
 
HAPPY NEW YEARS EVERYONE!! 
May 2013 bring HEALTH and happiness to everyone!!

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness - YUCK. Was it just a stomach bug or do you think it was food poisoning? I'm sorry it was so horrible! Sounds traumatizing. None of my kids have ever really thrown up - can you believe that? We have yet to have a stomach bug or flu go through the fam, and hopefully we won't for a long time more! :(

    Hope Kyle feels better soon! I haven't played Monopoly in ages but now that you mention it it sounds kind of fun :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This was the first time that mine have too and I think thats why it was so scary for all of us. The hospital said that it is a really bad stomach flu that is going around that isn't covered by the flu shot - go figure. But they said that a ton of kids have been in the hospital with it. I have no idea where we got it, but it was sure nasty! Thanks for the well wishes, and we are starting to feel better, so hopefully we are all back to normal soon!

      Delete