Friday, April 24, 2015

30 Things About Turning 30

I turned the big 3-0 on Wednesday, and I am not to upset about it.  I had a goal to lose some weight by the time I turned 30 and it did not happen because of this 10 week old bun in the oven... but I don't see it as a failure, but as a different path, but still dropped about 40lbs, and I feel good about that.  So, my 30's are going to be extraordinary!!  They are going to be full of health, love, raising my babies, and really feeling life.  I am going to embrace it all with open arms, a little more wisdom, and less pizza (pizza is my weakness).  So here are my top 30 things I have been thinking about while newly turning 30 :)

1- I now use both wrinkle cream and acne cream... weren't zits supposed to leave in my teens?
2- I finally stopped biting my nails after 29.5 years because I finally realized how nasty it was!
3- I have never been one for materialistic things, but spendy things mean so much less then ever now.  I appreciate a nice gesture and something thoughtful over a pricy gift any day!
4- I love buying things used :)
5- I never knew how much joy children would bring me.  I always wanted to be a mom, but I never knew how much they would make my heart grow!
6- facials are an amazing gift that I treat myself to about once a year :)
7- I still don't like to wear shoes outside. I'm kind of a hippy!!
8- I have learned how to fit an astronomical amount of things into a single day.
9- I really hate laundry!!! I know hate is a strong word, but I mean it!!
10- I have lost many relatives in the last couple years, and I miss them all so much!
11- I will always have a dog... life doesn't seem right without one.
12- I love to grow my own food... veggies, berries, fruit and our eggs!!
13- Tanning is bad!  Jergins self tanner is the only way my legs ever get any color!  I swear, I use SPF 50 every day in the sun! 
14- I can drive a car, hand a kid his juice box, grab a toy that fell behind a seat, order a Starbucks and listen to the radio all at the same time...safely I assure you :)
15- I love my husband more and more every day.  Not for the things I loved him for at 20, but now, its such a deep appreciation and understanding that I have for him.  I love true love!
16- I have learned how powerful the words "I'm sorry" and "I appreciate you" are.
17 - Doors on bathrooms are a waste when you have little kids... they just barge in anyways!
18 - I love Garth Brooks and Reba more now then I did 10 years ago... ahhh my drift away music!
19- My favorite movie is still "You've Got Mail"  I could recite that movie forwards and backwards!
20 - I know how it feels to put your child's life into someone else's hand, and to not know if they will survive. 
21- I know more cardiology terms then you do :)
22- When I worked, I had somewhat of a disposable income, and since making the change to stay at home with my kids, I have become the budget queen.. I am proud of how far I can stretch a dollar!
23- Being healthy is so much more important then being thin.
24- I have learned to never say never... because the second you do, life surprises you :)
25- I get heartburn from even looking at spicy food!
26- Makeup is no longer a daily occurrence... sorry!
27- Honest communication is more important then being right.
28- in my early 20's, I drank...a lot... now - very rarely, and almost never! 
29- I have learned that many people use social media to make their life " look perfect" and I simply could care less, and I just don't have time for it. 
30- I have learned over the past 10 years how important it is to really touch, feel, love, embrace and really see everything.  I cant wait for the next 10 year - to actually be present in this time and to grow with it.  Bring it on 30's, I'm ready for ya!!

I know that many big changes will be coming our way and I am so ready for it!  Life is full or surprises, challenges, changes and the unknown.  I have learned that nothing stays the same for long, so you should always appreciate it, learn from it and welcome it!  Life is beautiful, even when it isn't perfect.  HAPPY BIRTHDAY WEEK TO ME!!


















No comments:

Post a Comment