Friday, April 17, 2015

Spring Break Camping


We go camping quite a bit in Anacortes, not only because Kyle is Samish Indian and they own this RV park, but because it is beautiful there and a center spot to be to go and do so many things.  and not to mention, this is the nicest and cleanest camping spot that I have ever been at, and we LOVE it!

My view from my bedroom in my trailer :)

Since Blake was on Spring break last week, it was a perfect time for a little spring camping trip and both the boys have been begging us to go camping.  hey would live in our trailer if we let them.  We were able to take the Kayaks out for the first time this year and both the boys had a blast with them.  Grandma and Grandpa Rogers got Blake a Kayak for his birthday last year but we haven't had a chance to use it yet, and Luke, who usually sits in one of our laps also sat in the kids kayak and we couldn't get him out of it... we all took turns towing them around the bay!






We visited Mt. Earie, and the views were spectacular!


 
We went and saw the Maiden and played around at Deception Pass







We threw rocks, searched for crabs, went on bike rides, flew kites, roasted hotdogs, and Uncle Scott introduced us to the "roasted peep"  Yummy!!  Kona did really well... she is pretty easy to take camping and does a really good job in the trailer.  It was a really good trip and really fun to just get away, and spend some quality time with the family. 









2 comments:

  1. This is amazing to me that your boys went kayaking!

    I love how out-doorsy your family is! Your boys are SO lucky and are going to make great men one day with all these memories from family time, camping, etc. Sometimes I get really worried about the world but then I see that there are good parents raising good kids right now and there is hope :) You know?

    Also, this is random, but I don't think I ever told you the story of how Kyle and I were in the same 5th grade class and we went to camp Thunderbird together. But I think Kyle got sick and had to go home early? Ask him if he remembers that or if I'm just crazy (I do have a pretty poor memory :) haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kayleen!! We like to keep them as active as possible and away from the TV and video games as much as possible. We believe that kids should play in the dirt, scrape their knees, and touch, feel and experience as much as possible. I know so many people who keep their kids confined in their homes and know how to use technology better then I do. I know that it will come some day, but for now, I have the power to stop it hehe :) And Yes, That did happen at Camp Thunderbird, and he was able to go the next week with another class. Don't worry, your memory hasn't failed you :) Thank you for all the complements, as such an accomplished Mama, that really means a lot to me :)

      Delete