Thursday, April 16, 2015

Easter 2015

Easter was a little different for our family this year.  We had it at our house... its the first time that I hosted an actual holiday other then birthday parties, and I would say that it went rather smoothly.  I made a ham this year for the very first time, and I didn't screw it up, and I think it was one of the better hams that I have had (if I don't say so myself) and I got a nice hambone for soups this winter!

My Great Grandma made it to my house too, and it was so sweet, we were all sitting around in the back yard after we had a little egg hunt for the kiddos, and she asked if she could hold a chicken.  She held our favorite hen in her arms and sang to her for nearly 5 minutes in her own little world.  It was a neat day, and I know that we wont always be able to do Easter at our house since we usually have a couple get-togethers to attend, but this year it worked out, and I enjoyed it :)








We also had Easter later in the week with the Kyles side of the family while we were camping and that was really fun too!  Almost a bonus for the kids since they were thinking eater was over and then got a bunch more goodies!  It was fun to run around the RV park collecting eggs, and the kids were really impressed that the Easter bunny found them all the way in Anacortes ;)



No comments:

Post a Comment