Thursday, September 10, 2015

A New Year

I cant believe that school has started for my kiddos.  Summer flew by, but in some ways it felt like it took forever!!  The kids were ready for some space... when you see your sibling every waking moment of every day, and you even share a room at night, you start to fight, get on each others nerves, and mom is left finding grey hairs!  They needed to branch out, they needed to find their own identities and their own friends.



Blake was so excited to finally start all day kindergarten!  He was ready, and because of his late September birthday, he was only able to attend the early kindergarten program last year, and that was great for him, and a perfect stepping stone into full day.  But as Blake is almost 6, he was ready for all day. One thing he wasn't ready for was not being able to graze and eat whatever you want whenever you want, HAHA I have never seen him eat so much in my life!  We eat dinner at 4:30 so he didn't have to wait long, but being at school from 8:55-3:25 sure wore him out and he's been sleeping like a baby at night... I'm talking 7:00 completely asleep!!  He's making friends and he's so excited to learn!  he loves it, and I'm so glad that he has this amazing love for school :)


He chose the front row!  Such a good little student :)


Today was Luke's first day.  Last year, they had to rip him off of me, and he absolutely hated it.  he was 2 and a half, but academically, he was ready, so I thought he would grow out of it - NO WAY- he went for 8 weeks and it was the same thing every time... kicking, not sleeping the night before, hysterical on the way there, begging me to stay, and I finally said screw it, he wasn't ready and I wasn't going to push it any longer.  He had a good year at home learning with me, and what a difference a year makes!  This year, at 3 and a half, he was excited, eager, and it sounded like this "Luke, its time for me to leave now" and Luke looks at me, smiles, and says "okay mama, see you in a little while"  no fit, no screaming, no fighting.  He was happy, comfortable and I was thrilled!  I am not the mom that cries when her kid goes to school successfully.  Last year, leaving him bawling every day I was in tears crying to Kyle on the phone that I didn't feel right leaving him, and this time... I am thrilled that he is so well adjusted.  That I can leave him and he trusts that I will come back, and that he is confident in himself.  Well see how he did this afternoon, but he started the day off right, and I cant wait to see how he grows this year!


He had to wear his favorite "SNOOFIE" T-Shirt!  He also wore it yesterday so I was doing laundry at 7 last night :)

No comments:

Post a Comment