Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Wrapping Up Summer

This summer has been amazing... this is the first summer where we have had two (mostly independent) eager boys ready to explore!  not held down by diapers or fears of the water... these kids were ready, so good thing I can still kind of keep up with them.

We had our first solo camping trip ever... it was different to go with just our boys, and not family and friends, but it was so much fun!!  We took a long weekend at Lake Easton, and we will definitely go back!  Kyle took the boys fishing and we went hiking, kayaking, and exploring... even stumbled on a car show full of really neat old cars.  Food was simple, we made our own time, and Kyle and I found ourselves just observing what great little guys the boys have become!



All they wanted to do is fish... so that's what we did!!

She loves to swim




Getting ready for school has been fun... many open houses, meet and greets, and last minute shopping trips, but we are ready!  Learned my lesson on buying pants too early... Blake already grew out of the jeans I bought him a month ago!  Luke is ready for preschool, he doesn't have a choice this year, he must go!  but its going to help that he has a friend in his preschool class.  I anticipate a little resistance from him, but I am pretty confident that it will all work out.  I have a 5 year old going to kindergarten that is insisting that he can walk himself to school and get to his class all on his own, and he doesn't want any help from me (yeah right) and my 3 year old is going to be screaming, holding on to my leg and begging me not to leave him haha!  Talk about an emotional roller coaster.

The boys got a really fun last minute surprise from Grandma and Grandpa Rogers just in time before school starts!  They got to take a special trip to San Diego and went to SeaWorld and the Zoo!!  They had so much fun!  They swam in the pool, saw so many different animals, and Luke got his first plan ride... this is number 3 for Blake.... I didn't ride on my first plain until I was like 13, little stinkers!!  They loved it!  One little last minute hurrah before school starts!  I don't have many pictures from their trip, but the Rogers family sport their Seahawks support no matter where they are!!



It was so hard to let them go, this mama had a pretty rough time at first, but Kyle took time off from work so I wasn't wallowing in my own sorrow, and we celebrated our anniversary!  We spent 4 days doing things that we haven't done in years; things that are too hard to do with kids.  We went on an all day drive to Mt Rainier National Park, and saw some amazing things... can you believe that we have never been there and its like an hour from our house... AND everyone that was there was from a different country and they were on vacation... really??  I had no idea that people came here for vacation!  We also went to Seattle with Tyler and Liz, and again, played tourist in our own backyards haha... I have never seen the Ballard Locks... Crazy, I know, and I cant wait to take the kids there!  We contributed to the gum wall, drank Starbucks, hung out with the Troll, and saw the UP house.  LOVED IT!!  Okay, my husband loves me very much but he is refusing to take the Duck Boat Tour with me... OMG I know, I'm a nerd, but I sooo want to do it!!  Anyone wanna come with me?  Apparently, ill have to leave my husband at the bar.  Or maybe of I take him to the bar first, I will be able to get him on the Duck Truck!  HAHAHA  We went to ipic, love that place!!  And we filled in the rest of the time in with walks with the dog, buying some new furniture (seriously needed) and grocery shopping lol :)  It was really neat to spend that one on one time with Kyle, but I was sure excited to get the boys back! 

We saw a family of Black Bears... we were so close!!


Paradise Hike


 

 
 


School starts for Blake this Friday and then Luke starts preschool next Thursday.  Back to reality and the grind!  Also, time to start thinking about baby stuff... hes going to be here soon!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment