Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Out Of The Mouths Of Babes - Luke Edition

Luke is growing so much right now, you can see his mind exploding with ideas and questions... oh the questions that come out of this little ones mouth.  He is mostly curious about human anatomy, bodily fluids and how chickens become chicken nuggets... gotta love boys!!

I thought I would write out some of the more interesting conversations that we have had lately... hopefully as life happens, and I forget things, I can look back and read the crazy things out of my little guys mouth... as I know that he will only talk like this a little while longer.

I never get an opportunity to really go to the bathroom by myself... especially if its just Luke and I home, he tends to follow me everywhere and since I pee every 15 minutes, he has plenty of time to follow me into the bathroom...

L: Mom, why do you sit down to pee?
J: girls don't have penises, so we sit down so we don't make a mess.
L: Can I see?  I really think you have a penis...
J: No, you cannot, that would be inappropriate.  Boys have Penises and girls have vaginas.
L: So do you hide your penis in your butt?
J: NO, I do not have a penis, now go away and shut the door!

So, Gonzo, our favorite chicken was taken by a hawk a while back, and we kind of eluted to the fact that shes dead, but haven't really said it... Luke and Blake have very different ideas about where chicken nuggets come from...

B: I Love chicken nuggets
L: I love them too... because I love gonzo and were eating Gonzo.
B: We aren't eating Gonzo, these are from Costco.
L: Maybe the hawk took them to Costco for them to make her a nugget
B: No, Luke, the hawk ate her!  It didn't take her to Costco!
L: (bursts into tears) The Hawk ate her???  I wanted to eat her!!

I am not going to pretend that I don't let an occasional curse word slip out... My go to curse words, usually said in frustration, are damn and shit... Luke will say them in the most inopportune time.

In line at the grocery store check out like and Luke dropped his snack on the ground, and yells out "oh shit"  and you better believe that there was an old lady standing right behind me that looked mortified beyond belief!  I just smiled :)

Luke was running around the backyard barefoot and stepped in chicken poop, and looked down and was like " damnit, I stepped in chicken shit"

I guess I need to watch my mouth a bit more lol :)

So this one is the one that made me laugh so hard that I had tears running down my face... and just to understand this a little better, Luke doesn't says his "v's" it comes out like a "b" instead.

L: Mom, can you jump on the trampoline with me?
J: No honey, its not good for the baby.
L: Why?  Will the baby fly out of your BA-gina?
J: (while laughing hysterically) Ummmm, yes, something like that.
L: okay, you better sit down then.

Then, while jumping on the trampoline, he yells "BA-gina" over and over again... good thing we don't have close neighbors!!

These are just a few of the silly, yet inquisitive, questions and thoughts that come out of this little guys noggin.  He has a serious side too, but gosh he can make us laugh. 





No comments:

Post a Comment