Tuesday, September 15, 2015

School Follow Up

So, we started off strong, I was excited that they were doing so well, and then WHAM!  I'm talkin complete opposite of the first week.

Lets start with Blake... he started out by not wanting me to walk him to class because he's a big boy, and he didn't need me to do it.  He was proud and confident and he was ready!  Last night he started crying that the days are too long and he missed us too much.  Then woke up this morning with the same problem.  He bawled... like the crazy make yourself sick, snot rolling down your face type of cry.  I was sympathetic for a while, but then the tough love had to come into place.  I explained that going to school is not an option, its something that you have to do, just like daddy has to go to work and mommy has to vacuum (lol)... and I might have also told him that it was illegal not to go, so he didn't have a choice.  I got him in the shower, and put him in the right state of mind, and then I kind of bribed him and told him that I put some special surprises in his lunch (Whoppers) and if he had a good day, then we would do something really fun tonight.  I also think that I am going to break it up a bit and maybe go have lunch with him once a week, but its not that he doesn't want to go to school because he doesn't "like" school, I think that the long days, lack of naps and busy schedule is getting to him.  So, I walked him to his class, got him seated, and I could see the tears welling up.  I told him that he was going to have a great day and have so much fun with his friends, gave him a kiss and left.  I could tell that he was trying to hold his tears in.  I know that it will pass, but talk about pulling at your heart strings!  I emailed his teacher last night too to let her know that he was showing some reservation, and bless her heart, she emailed me back at 11:00pm and I am working closely with her and I am sure it will all work out, but holy crap, I didn't see this coming.  *sigh*

Then Luke... totally fine and then I dropped him off, and he starting screaming for me!  Like the ugly scream while Ms. Connie is holding on to him and he's pushing away from her trying to get to me.  I know that the best thing is to make a quick exit, so I gave a kiss, said good bye and out the door I went as I could hear him scream all the way to my car.  I know that he probably stopped the second I left, but gosh I feel bad.  I drove away bawling!  Composed myself enough to run by the lab for some blood work that I needed to get in, and then took my butt to Starbucks and got me a blended mocha and some lemon pound cake. 

Now, I'm home, laying on the couch, watching the View and enjoying these 3000 calories while writing in this blog.  I know that there is a couple loads of laundry that need to be done, but I don't really feel like doing them, and breakfast dishes are in the sink, and I really don't feel like doing that either.  I think that I am just going to sit here for a while, come up with a game plan, and stop feeling guilty.  Easier said then done, I know, but I guess were just in the adjustment phase and by next month, everything will be fine. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment