Monday, March 12, 2012

Sickly Weekend...

So this weekend was rather interesting, First, starting on Friday, I had my 32 week Dr appointment and everything looks great, but at the last minute, I decided that I better get Blake into the Dr after Grandma told me that Blake had been complaining that his ear hurt… so Luckily, I was able to get him in at 4:50, and it turns out that he has a double ear infection and the cold/flu that has been going around.  So we were given antibiotics for him (first time that he has had them) and THANK YOU CAROL for letting me know about the diarrhea that comes along with antibiotics!  I stayed on top of it, so no rashes yet!  I know he is going to read this someday and be mortified that I am talking about this, but holy cow!  These side effects are horrible! 

Kyle had to work Saturday, so we stayed in and watched the hockey movie (Miracle) around 3 times because Blake didn’t really have the energy to do anything else.  Kyle also had a game at 5:00 that night that we have been talking about going to all week, so I don’t know if this was the right thing to do, but I bundled him up like a snow beast, and took him to the game.  Part of the reason that I took him was that he was really looking forward to going, and the other reason was that I was going stir crazy sitting at home.  This was just ONE day, and I had already reached my cabin fever limit which tells me that I have a lot of learning to do!  If I am going to be a stay at home mama, then I must get some inside activities together, and I must learn how to entertain my child at home without resorting to playing outside because, let’s face it, that is not always possible in WA!  Although, I have no problem throwing his rubber boots and rain coat on him and sending him outside, but any suggestions for an active toddler would be appreciated!

As it gets closer to the time where I will be staying home, I am getting more and more nervous/excited/anxious.  Not really sure how to classify it yet.  I have always known that I wanted to stay at home and raise my kids, and as it comes closer, I am starting to panic.. just a little bit.  Realistically, I only take care of Blake from 5:30-6:00 in the morning (car ride the grandmas) and from 5-7:30 at night, and also the weekends.  We are really busy, so we usually have something to do over the weekend, and are very “go-go” type people.  It is starting to hit me that in just 7 weeks, I am going to be responsible for taking care of 2 children full time…all day… all night… and also the house.  I know that I will figure it out, and everything will be just fine… eventually, but it’s the adjustment period that I am a little worried about.  I know that I have wonderful resources to help me through… mom and Tammy, but I am just hoping that I don’t mess up my boys too badly!
Blake loves when Uncle Mitch Stops by!!

1 comment:

  1. Jess, First, relax! It's true the Grandmas have had Blake most of his waking hours so far, but you've had him on the weekends, vacations, and nights when he wakes up for no apparent reason. BTW, I am SO impressed that this is his first time on antibiotics! My three had so many ear and sinus infections that had we bought stock in the pharmaceutical companies, I'd be retired and living on my own tropical island now. Oh well...

    Anyway, my point is you know much more about your son than you are giving yourself credit for. It won't take long until you've learned his little quirks and you'll wonder what in the world you were so nervous about. And for the times you don't know what to do, remember to pray first and THEN panic only if no other options are available.

    Raising my kids was the best job I ever had. As hard as I tried, it finally dawned on me that no parent is perfect, and I was no exception. I made my share of mistakes (maybe more than my share) but I did the best I could with the resources I had available; the rest I laid at God's feet through prayer. Now they talk about it with their therapists, I suppose.

    Relax and enjoy the time you have with your boys. Take lots of pictures and write in their baby books. Pray for wisdom in raising them,; pray for their protection; pray they come to know Jesus early in their lives, and that they walk closely with Him always. They'll be grown before you know it and you'll wonder where the time went. Use it wisely!

    ReplyDelete