Thursday, March 1, 2012

Starting to Feel like SPRING!!

Spring is arriving… all around my yard, we are starting to see the signs of spring, and it is exciting to me because I have absolutely no idea what is planted there!!  We moved into this house late August of last year, and most of the flowers were either dead, or done blooming for the year.  As I was weeding the flower beds over the later part of last summer, I noticed TONS of bulbs!!!  I tried to be careful not to disturb them so I could see what this spring had in store! 
 I love flowers… I love to plant them, and design different areas with different colors, my mom has an amazing flower garden, and I always remember fresh flowers in the house that she would just go out in the yard and pick!  Lucky for me, we have a huge yard with a pretty blank slate, so its time to get the creative ideas flowing!  One amazing thing about this house is that it has two amazing apple trees, and I can’t wait to add to that!  I would love a pair tree and also a plum tree… My birthday is right around the corner, so I will be hinting for those J  The lady that lived here before us kept this yard very manicured, but since her passing, he sons took care of the property, and the house stood vacant for almost 2 years.  There is a lot of over growth that we weren’t able to take care of last summer, but I look forward to digging in the dirt this Spring and Summer, and getting it back to its former glory… it’s like my own secret garden that I get to discover and create!   

We spent this evening soacking up as much fresh air as we could since the days are getting longer... Blake was even out in the driveway singing "rain rain GO AWAY!" It was so funny... I think that the neighbors were even entertained!



2 comments:

  1. We've got lots of yardwork to do around here this spring and summer, too. Might not be the easiest with a big belly and two little ones, but we'll do our best!

    I've got lots ideas 'pinned' on Pinterest :)

    So you guys live in Bonney Lake, right? Do you like it over there?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, Pinterest is so completely addicting! We live in Buckley, right outside Bonney Lake, and I LOVE it. We used to live in Fife, and it was very congested and busy with all the trucks and road construction. I am so thankful for the piece and quiet around here... the only planes I hear are little crop dusters :)

      Delete