Thursday, March 22, 2012

Top Priorities

I feel like I have always had my priorities in line… Kyle and I grew up very quickly because we were ready too, and we have always been very responsible.  We bought our 1st house when we were 19, our second when we were 22 and now our 3rd at 26… It has always been a priority for us to make a stable foundation for our family.  I am not saying that we haven’t had little bumps along the way, but  we have always put our families and each other before ourselves and although, I know that priorities and responsibilities are different for everyone, I can’t help but wonder what some people are thinking when it comes to their choices.  I wonder… does that person realize what it means to be a parent, do they realize that they should put their child before themselves and fight for every ounce of their being?  As a mother, we would give up all that we have so that our children had everything that they needed, but some people that I know feel differently.  They use their child as a bargaining chip with the other parent (not together)… they give to themselves first, and their children whatever is left over.  This makes me really sad.  It makes me wonder why some mothers think that this is right?  Of course, I am not talking about most, but there are some women in my life that just don’t get it, they don’t realize that they need to set an example and they certainly don’t know what it means to be a protector of their child. 

After getting some much needed advise from a wise mother in law J, I have decided that the best thing to do is to completely distance myself from these people.  I will continue to surround myself with people that have the same values and morals that I do.  I am at a point in my life where my main purpose is to take care of my family and to help my kids grow up to be loving individuals.  I won’t allow the negative outpouring to affect my family as they continue to make the same bad choices over and over again… I wish them all the best, and they will always be in my prayers, but they will not be apart of our lives.

2 comments:

  1. It takes a lot of courage to let go of friendships that are more draining than uplifting, and I applaud your decision. Life is hard enough as it is; you don't need negative or self-centered people dragging you down with them. You have a good head on your shoulders, Jess, stick to your values. You and your family will be the ones others look to as the example of things done right. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Marilou, you are very kind!

    ReplyDelete