Thursday, March 29, 2012

Jesica VS. The Refrigerator

Today, I tackled the refrigerator… I am not going to post any before pictures because someone would probably turn me into the health department!  Imagine a bunch of Tupperware with miscellaneous leftovers in them… fruit and veggies that have gone bad, and lunch meat that we never ate...couldnt really tell if it was ham or turkey...  but here is an after shot…all nice and clean! 

After taking on this daunting task, that I have been putting off way too long, I have realized something that I think I already knew.  Either I need to make less food, or start making it a priority to eat leftovers.  Not really sure how to approach it yet.  I have good intentions; I make a large dish of something with every intention of eating it the next day for lunch or dinner, but for some reason or another, it just does not happen.  I realized how much food and $$$ we are wasting, and it makes me a little upset.  Goal for next week: NO leftovers… If I have extra, I will freeze it for a  later meal!  I need to remember that I am cooking for 2 1/2 people... not 10!

1 comment:

  1. Lol; this made me laugh.

    I sometimes get like this - I'll start to build up the food stuffs in the fridge and soon enough stuff goes bad (I tend to buy too much at the grocery store) I feel super guilty throwing away so much food. I have even mentioned it in confession before because I feel like wasting food is wasting God's gifts to our family in the way of providing abundantly! (Not saying you have to go confess this :) hehe) BUT - it's great that you are making the effort to be less wasteful and to eat leftovers if you have them!

    ReplyDelete